Let's Talk About Hair Ba-by!

My hair is the worst! It's fine, and thin, and short, and all of the things I personally hate when it comes to my hair! It never does what it's supposed to. I mean, what does a girl have to do to get some good hair?!
Well, girls that share my same problem, I have been doing some reading and I thought I would share some of the tidbits I've found that could help us!

Stop washing your hair everyday!!

Over-washing your hair strips it from the natural oils that maintain body and shine. I have been a shower everyday kind of girl for most of my life and have just recently discovered dry shampoo. (I know, I know, living under a rock and all.) 
My "routine" is basically this: Day 1: Wash hair, style as normal. Day 2: Still good, style as normal. Day 3: Dry shampoo, half updo or messy bun. Day 4: Repeat day 3.
So I can go up to 4 days without washing my hair but that's about all I can handle. (I don't recommend going those 4 days without any kind of bodily washing though, duh!) I also definitely recommend using an all natural dry shampoo, as I do with most things. 


dry shampoo


Lay off the product, man!!

Let's just go ahead and face facts here... Our hair wasn't made to handle the use of a ton of magical beautiful hair inducing products. I can't tell you how many of these products I have bought/wasted money on. Ok, now I'm not saying don't EVER use products, besides, there's an exception to every rule.
You can use mousse for volume by ONLY applying it to your roots! There's no need for all of that mousse to weigh down the rest of your hair. Your hair just can't carry it! (Delicate flower that it is.) Even in-shower conditioners can weigh down those fine strands! Opt for apple cider vinegar instead! My husband HATES the smell, but man, does it leave my hair feeling soft and smooth! Just spray it on after you wash and leave it. I swear you can't smell it after your hair dries! (unless you get really hot and sweaty!) If you just can't handle the ACV, (or if you want your husband to cuddle you at night or come near you at all!) try using a conditioner just on the ends of your hair. I would definitely go the paraben, sulfate, silicone, sodium chloride, phthalate and fragrance free route. So much better for you!




all natural mousse


Stop the breakage!!

This is one of my most major issues. I am one of those girls who always has a hair tie on her wrist. You never know when you're going to need to pull those fine tresses up! I try so hard to keep hair clips instead but they always break!! Ugh! Hair clips are much easier on your hair, but I've heard that ribbon ties are gentle on it too. I haven't tried those yet, but I certainly plan to! Then, there's the throwback to the curly phone cord we kids of the 80's had to endure, the Invisibobble. Said to be a "knight in spiral armor", it's supposed to even reduce headaches! I definitely want to give these a try!
There's the scrunchie that we also had to endure through the 80's and 90's. It did go out of style but there's nothing wrong with wearing a cute scrunchie in the privacy of your own home!




hair

Now, these are all things that I've found work for me, that I thought would be helpful. Remember though, what works for one, might not work for another! But, I do hope these help some of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment